Get people talking about your business. And find out what they are saying too!
We recently heard Google is also planning to deep six Google Alerts as well as Google Reader. So plan ahead and start trying other internet monitoring tools for checking on what’s being said about you and your business online.
We’re using TalkWalker as our replacement for Google Alerts to monitor the buzz about our business. (This tool does not require that you set up an account to use it.)
Reputation monitoring isn’t new; it’s just something you need to do on an ongoing, regular basis. At the very least, you should track mentions of your name and website. You might also want to keep up on specific products, competitors and other happenings relevant to your business.
While positive alerts are always wonderful to receive, you’ll especially want to take immediate action on any negative information that comes to your attention through the monitoring process.
It’s super easy to set up alerts for key terms, phrases, people and websites you want to monitor. You can create alerts for a wide variety of searches of interest to you.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to TalkWalker.
- Enter your search query (name, website or phrase you want to monitor).
- Select what you want to monitor (everything, news, blogs, discussions).
- Select the language(s) you want to monitor.
- Select how often you want to receive updates (as they happen, once a day, once a week).
- Select how many results you want to include (all of them or just the best ones).
- Provide an email address for receiving requested alerts.
Easy peasy! Best of all, it’s absolutely free.